The Green Tea Seed Serum (by Innisfree) : A Review

Innisfree is well-known for using natural ingredients from Jeju Island and pursues an eco-friendly life for the benefits of nature. My interest in this brand bloomed when I traveled to Seoul, South Korea last year and researched for the best beauty brands to buy in Myeondong




However, it took me about a year to finally try this little gem after I come to terms with my love for Innisfree's face mask.

The green tea seed serum is a moisturizing serum made of 100% squeezed green tea essence to keep skin moisturized and nourished.

I had dry skin for the past year after a serious case of breakout under my right cheek, and after using this serum for about a month, I dare say I can feel the difference; on how my skin feels softer and more hydrates. The serum does not feel sticky, absorbed quickly and it's thick enough that one small pump is enough to cover my entire face (see how much is left even after two months of using it). My skin does not feel dry anymore, and when I go through my day, my skin looks visibly healthy and supple. I had gone from having dry skin to combination.

It also smells nice and at first I was worried that it would smell like actual green tea (the one that we drink), but it's not and I enjoy using this as one of my daily beauty routine.


Before, my bare skin looked dry and dull, but after two months of using this serum, my skin looks healthier and refreshed. As suggested, I use this product right after cleansing in the morning and night.

P/s: I don't recommend to layer this serum with other products. If you have any other beauty routine, wait for at least an hour after using this serum before putting on other products.





The ingredients include:
The green Tea Extract (75.9%), Propanediol, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Ethanol, Glycerin, Betaine, The green Tea Seed Oil (208mg), Prickly Pear Extract, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Camellia Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Extract, Grapefruit Extract, Orange Extract, Tangerine Extract, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Cetearyl Olivate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Sorbitan Olivate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cocoa Extract, Dextrin, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance

It doesn't have: parabens, synthetic colorants, mineral oil, animal-originated ingredients, imdazolidinyl urea




It also have a cap for hygiene purposes. And since it's 80ml, this serum is travel-friendly.



Because of Innisfree's Green Life Campaign, the box used for the products are made of recycled paper. They also started an Innisfree Empty Bottle-Recycling Campaign, in which you can return your empty Innisfree-product bottle back to the nearest Innisfree store and you can be rewarded by participating in the campaign if you have become a member. (1 bottle = 100 pts, with max 3 bottles / month)

The serum can be found at any Innisfree store in Malaysia.
Price: RM 98.00 / bottle.

With the raving positive reviews and feedback for this serum, it is no wonder that it becomes no. 1 best-seller Innisfree product for years.

Disclaimer: This is not a paid review. I have bought and tried this product at my own choice.

See you soon, lovelies!

 

Comments